Having a mustache can be a bold fashion statement. But to keep your mustache looking sophisticated and groomed needs regular maintenance like trimming, shaping, moisturizing, etc.
Maintaining a mustache is not only about its appearance. It is more important for the health of your skin and mustache.
Neglecting your mustache care can lead to problems ranging from split ends to skin irritation. You can easily avoid these problems with proper mustache care.
To know how to maintain and care for your mustache with proper trimming, shaping, and moisturizing techniques, follow this guide and make your own regular mustache care routine.
Essential Products and Tools for Mustache Maintenance
The tools required for mustache grooming are almost similar to beard care tools. The mustache grooming required products and tools are:
Comb: Keeping a small comb is necessary for keeping your long mustache tangle free. It is also required to shape your mustache evenly while trimming.
Small scissors: Trim your mustache hair evenly with a small scissor and a comb.. This can be very helpful for perfectly shaping your mustache.
Trimmer: It is a mandatory tool for cutting and styling your mustache precisely.
Mustache wax or oil: It is used for keeping your mustache moisturized and holding the shape of your beard. You can make your own mustache wax easily at home.
How to Maintain Your Beard
Step 1: Clean your beard routinely
Clean that bad boy’s mustache daily. Wash your mustache daily with water and two times a week with beard shampoo. The right way to wash your beard with shampoo is:
- Wet your mustache with lukewarm water to open the skin pores under the mustache.
- Apply a small amount of beard shampoo.
- Gently massage the shampoo into your beard and skin.
- Rinse the shampoo so that no foam is left on your mustache.
- Apply beard conditioner. Leave it on for 2-5 minutes.
- Rinse the conditioner out with cold water and gently dry your beard with a towel.
Step 2: Use a conditioner.
Washing with beard wash can strip the natural oils from your mustache hair. So, conditioning can protect your mustache from dryness.
Step 3: Cleanse and moisturize regularly.
Use beard oil or any natural oil to hydrate your skin and mustache. Regularly doing this will keep dry skin and mustache dandruff away from you. It will also make your beard shiny.
Step 4: Use the comb
Comb that ‘stache every day after oiling it. It will keep it smooth and distribute the oil evenly.
Step 5: Use mustache wax For styling
When it’s time to get fancy, use some mustache wax to style and shape your mustache. You can also train your mustache hair to curl up with mustache wax.
Step 6: Trim stray mustache hairs
Cut the stray hair once a week or bi-weekly according to your mustache growth. Use scissors for precision and pay attention to the areas around your mustache and the edges of your beard. Here is how you can trim your stray mustaches:
- Identify the culprits: Spot those stray hairs sticking out from your beard.
- Grab your trusty scissors: Arm yourself with a good pair of grooming scissors.
- Precision is key: Carefully snip away the rogue hairs without cutting too much.
- Focus on the mustache: Pay extra attention to the areas around your mustache.
- Tame the edges: Trim any strays along the perimeter of your beard.
- Keep it up: Regularly check for and trim stray hairs to maintain a polished look.
- Enjoy your well-groomed and dapper-looking beard.
Step 7: Protect from Dirt and Extreme Condition
Protect your mustache from direct sunlight, dust, and too-cold weather. Use a mask when necessary.
Step 8: Change your lifestyle
Stress, nutritional deficiency, and an unhealthy lifestyle hamper your mustache growth. Reduce stress, exercise, and eat a healthy diet to maintain your mustache.
Step 9: Trim your nose hair
Keep those nose hairs in check and trim them so they don’t make your amazing mustache look dirty and unhygienic.
With these tips, you can rock that stache with style and wear it with confidence.
Mustache Care Routine
From everything we have mentioned for maintaining your mustache, here is a mustache care routine table for you. Depending on your mustache type you can edit it for yourself.
|Wash your mustache||Daily|
|Comb your mustache||Daily|
|Apply mustache wax||As needed|
|Trim your mustache||Weekly|
|Moisturize your mustache||Daily|
|Protect your mustache||As needed|
|Eat a balanced diet||Daily|
|Take care of your skin||Daily|
|Trim nose hairs||Weekly|
|Consider using beard conditioner||2-3 times a week|
Shaping Your Mustache
It’s important to shape your mustache to make yourself look good. To shape your mustache:
- Decide on your style: Look up pictures online to find a mustache style that suits you, such as a handlebar mustache, chevron, or walrus.
- Comb your mustache: Use a mustache comb to get it ready for shaping.
- Use trimmers to shape your mustache: Carefully trim your mustache to create the shape you want. Start with small snips and take your time.
- Use wax to hold the shape: Once you have shaped your mustache, use mustache wax to hold the shape in place.
So, Maintaining your mustache is an easy task for you now. Rock different mustache styles and clean, hydrate, and shape your mustache accordingly.