A good beard and mustache incorporate some other shaving tools such as razors, trimmers, beard oils, balms, wax etc. As this is the era of modern science, electric razors and trimmers are widely used lately. Foil shaver and rotary shaver are two variants of the electric razor.
Both of these are popular shaver but there goes an endless debate on what shaver is better. The battle, Foil Shaver vs. Rotary Shaver, goes on and on. We are going to narrow it down, and you’ll be able to make the right decision after reading the whole article.
What Is a Foil Shaver?
This is a straight razor having oscillating blades at the top. A thin layer of metal foil used to cover the blades is the key feature of this electric razor. The foil protects the skin from getting cut and helps the razor not to have any direct contact with the skin. Thus, a precise and close trimming is acquired without causing any damage to the skin underneath.
- It helps to have a smooth result and fine shave that looks completely bald
- It can produce a close shaved look with the great convenience
- The cheek line, neckline, and sideburns will get real precision
- It provides a more precise and quick shave in less time
- Also, This is good for the sensitive skin as it causes less irritation to the skin.
A foil shaver must be used straight, vertical or horizontal motions. Besides, it needs great expertise to get a clean shave using a foil shaver. Because, unlike the rotary shaver, it doesn’t have the ability to fit the contours of the face automatically.
What Is a Rotary Shaver?
Rotary electric razors are different with respect to the shape of the blades. While all the other razors are straight-headed, this razor has three circular heads that form a unified spinning cutter to cut the beard. The specialty of this sort of razor is it can follow the contours of the face. The shaving is done in a circular motion and that allows more freedom and ease while shaving.
- Rotary shaver is good for a long and thick beard
- If anyone goes a week without shaving and suddenly needs a close shave, rotary shaver can save himself
- This is good for regular thick and coarse hair
- Another great use of this razor is to reach the contours of the face. If your face has contours to shave, the rotary is the right thing to choose
- Sometimes, the beard of the different place of the face grows in different directions. A rotary razor can deal well with this critical issue.
A rotary shaver causes irritation to the skin. That’s why regular shaving is not suggested with this type of electric shaver. This is a great issue when one is having a close shave. So, avoid rotary shaver while shaving too closely.
Foil Shaver Vs. Rotary Shaver: 5 Key Points
Both sorts of shaver have some merits and demerits. There is nothing in this world which has no dark sides. A video and comparison table will help you elicit the real differences between these two shavers.
|Foil Shaver||Rotary Shaver|
|The price varies depending on the quality and the brand of the razors. An estimated price is 50-80$ per shaver.||Rotary shaver is also available at the same price. You’ll get a good quality shaver by spending around 50-80$ on average.|
|Good for regular shaving.||Good for shaving once or twice in a week.|
|Good for fine hair which is not thick and coarse.||Most effective while shaving thick and coarse hair.|
|Have to shave straight, horizontally or vertically and the blade can’t reach the contours of the face.||Shaving is easy with a circular motion involved. And, the blades reach the contours of the faces.|
|You need to clean the shaver often.||You don’t need to clean the shaver often.|
Get to Know The Key Differences Between a Foil Shaver & Rotary Shaver. Here Is A Video
Which One Is Better?
Foil shaver is better for those who need to shave daily and rotary shaver is better for those who shave after a few days. So, there is no absolute answer to this question. It depends on the context of the user of the shaver.
Which One Is Right for You?
Which shaver is better for an individual that entirely depends on his personal preference. Both of the shavers are good in their respective field. If you have fine hair and want a cleaner shave, use foil shaver. And, if the hair is coarse and thick, the rotary is the best fit.
Recommended Foil Shaver
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on denser hair
- The Series 7 electric razor comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for perfect closeness
Braun Series 7 790cc Men’s Electric Foil Shaver Electric Razor, with Clean & Charge Station, Cordless.
This is one of the best foil shavers available in the marketplaces. Amazon.com has entitled this as their best seller foil shaver. This is a smart shaver having 10,000 micro vibrations to cut the hair with one stroke. And, most importantly, it saves energy by using the intelligent AutoSensing motor.
Recommended Rotary Shaver
- Designed with your skin in mind, Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 lets you shave any way you want for a comfortable dry shave or refreshing wet shave with or without shaving cream or gel
- Protect your skin with our unique Dual Precision shaving system to deliver a smooth shave that's gentle on your skin; The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 effectively shaves both longer and shorter hair stubble
- The pivot, flex & float heads follow every contour of your face to remain in close contact with skin for a fast shave that's also gentle on your skin
Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 (Model AT830/46) Frustration-Free Packaging.
This has earned a place in the bestsellers’ list in Amazon.com for its amazing service. This is modified for both long and short hair. One can shave using gel or shave or whatever he wants. And, there are extra skin protectors kept built-in the shaver. This version of the rotary shaver is more kind to the skin than any of the previously invented rotary shavers.
The comparison of Foil Shaver vs. Rotary Shaver will not reach a final decision that one specific type of shaver is better than the other. Because it doesn’t depend just on the quality of the shavers. There are some other variables as discussed above. You may find anyone the best as per your need.
Last update on 2021-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API