A jawline beard grows along the jawline and chin, creating a distinctive and stylish look. It is one of the hottest beard styles in the world of masculine men.
With a variety of styles to choose from, the jawline beard can be customized to suit any face shape and personal style. Most Hollywood celebrities go for It to create a more masculine look, making it a popular choice for men.
Well, if you have decided to give it a try then here is a complete guide for you on jawline beard styles.
How to Determine Your Jawline Beard Style
Jawline is one of the most defining features of the face, and its shape can vary widely from person to person. Knowing your jawline shape is important for understanding the type of beard you should aim for. It is also important for deciding how long or thick you should grow your beard and how to trim or fade it. So, here are some of the most common jawline shapes:
- Square Jaw: This type of jawline can be defined as bold and straight lines that come together to form an almost perfect square shape. For a square jaw, a shorter, more trimmed beard softens the sharp angles of the face. Short boxed beard, Circle beard, and Petite goatee should be suitable for this shape.
- Round Jaw: A round jawline has softer, more curved lines and lacks the sharp angles of a square jawline. If you have a round jaw, you can create the illusion of a more defined jawline by growing a beard along your jawline and chin. A shorter, trimmed beard can work well, but avoid growing a beard that is too wide, as it can make your face look even rounder.
- Pointed Jaw: If your jawline can be characterized by a more narrow chin that tapers to a point you have a sharply pointed jawline. This type of jawline is more suitable for a beard that is slightly longer on the chin. A Van Dyke or anchor beard should rock this.
- Oval Jaw: An oval jawline is a softer, more rounded version of the square jawline, with gently curved lines that create an overall oval shape. Those with an oval jaw have the most flexibility when it comes to choosing a jawline beard style. A variety of styles can work well, from a shorter, trimmed beard to a longer, fuller beard.
You can match your jawline shape and try the suitable beard style for your jawline shape or you can try different jawline beard styles to find the perfect beard for you.
How to Trim and Shape Beard Jawline
Beards are cool and all, but if you do not take good care of them, you will start losing their effective charm. So, it is important to keep trimming and shaping your beard jawline to look sharp and well put together all the time. Here is how you can shape beard jawline to look at your level best.
- To trim your beard, first, you need to determine the beard length that you want to keep. Imagine a virtual line running along your jawline which has a beard and then determine the points up till which you want to trim the beard.
- Brush your beard to have it untangled and smoothened for a better trimming.
- Now take a pair of scissors and trim the beard while making sure that you cut small sections to be able to remedy the situation promptly if you happen to make a mistake.
- Now buzz off all the stray hair from your beard and fade the edges to get a sharp and more defined shape of the beard at the jawline.
Tips to Get Stronger Jawline
Well, if you have a strong jawline then you are quite lucky, but if you do not then there is nothing to worry about. Here are some easy tips to follow which are sure to help you get a stronger jawline.
- Smile more often as it is a natural exercise for your facial muscles, straining and relieving them.
- Try to exercise your jawline by clenching it for 10 seconds and then releasing it for 5 seconds. Repeat this exercise 10 to 15 times and you will be able to get a chiseled jawline.
- Try the fish face exercise for which you have to suck in the sides of your cheeks and then try to smile.
- Wear high collared shirts to help your jawline look more sharp and stronger.
Watch The Following Video to Learn More about How to Get a Stronger Jawline
Beard Styles to Highlight Your Jawline
1. Heavy Stubble Jawline Beard with Mustache
Keep it simple yet effective with a moderately thick beard along the jawline that becomes more stubbly and thickre around the chin. Shave off any hair on your cheeks but keep the mustache and soul patch to add weight to the lower end of the face. This works well if you have a square face.
2. Thin Chinstrap without Mustache and Soul Patch
Here’s one that’s all about showing off that jawline. Let an almost pencil-thin beard wrap your face, going from one temple to the other side. Get rid of any other facial hair so the focus doesn’t go away from the jawline.
3. Faded Beard with Chin Overgrowth and Pencil Mustache
This beard style is more than what meets the eye. The beard fades near the temples and also reduces width-wise. The thicker beard hanging down the chin is a bit longer to add length to the face. A pencil mustache makes the overall look sharp and crispy.
4. Patchy Jawline Beard with Parted Mustache
Sometimes, you aren’t lucky enough to have a lot of facial hair or most of it is patchy. However, if you still have plenty of hair along the jawline, you’ve hit the jackpot. Let the hair grow along the jawline and complement with a parted mustache and soul patch to complete the look.
5. Patchy Beard with No Cheek Lines
You can have a jawline beard without trimming or shaving off your cheek hair if you grow patches of hair on the face. The light hair on the cheek won’t affect the prominence of the jawline. Let your mustache and chin beard make a circle around your lips to add to the style.
6. Thin Jawline Outline
This chin strap beard outlines your jawline in a simple stylish way as it makes your jawline even more pronounced. Even if you want to have a round beard jawline it will seem angular with this cool beard style.
7. Light Faded Beard
This light faded beard is all that you need to up your style game this season. The beard is slightly longer at the chin making the whole look even more charming.
8. Short Beard with Faded Sideburns
This short beard is great for all face shapes as the sideburns keep on fading as they reach the ears and give a sleek look.
9. Pencil Thin Beard
This pencil thin beard runs along the jawline and has a thicker patch of hair at the chin making it more stylish.
10. Jawline Beard with Mustache
This jawline beard is for those guys who love looking sleek and intimidating. You can rock this one at all occasions in all situations.
FAQs on Jawline Beard
Q. Which beard style is best for weak jawline?
Ans: For weak jawline, there are a lot of options but growing a full beard is the best one. It hides your jawline perfectly and if you add some angles and a little fading to the neckline then it will look great. A goatee is a good option for weak jawlines too.
Q. Should I grow a beard if I have a strong jawline?
Ans: Yes, you should since a beard makes your strong jawline appear even stronger. It will also show how tasteful you are!
Jawline Vs. Neckline: Know the Differences
So, if you are looking for a nice way to have a beard jawline then this is where you begin. Try these beard styles and see how much more fashionable and masculine you look!