A beard will ruin your personality instead of enriching it because of the roughness of the beard. A rough beard will do no good to your manliness. Either get rid of a rough and straggly beard or learn how to make your beard soft and shiny. If you are choosing the second option then this article is rightly for you.
How to Make Your Beard Soft And Smooth: Home Remedies
Are you one of those who recently joined the bearded gentlemen’s league? Do you fear that your beard will become rough and rigid? Your fear is valid as a beard is the ultimate appeal booster for men so it needs to be well cared for, doesn’t it?
In order to impress people with your fashion sense by growing a beard, you need to make sure that your beard is smooth and silky. If you have been looking for a way to make your beard soft and smooth then follow the instructions given below.
- Wash your beard with a nice beard shampoo, massage it gently, and thoroughly while shampooing. This way your beard will be cleaner and the skin will be cleansed too. Make sure that the shampoo is free from alcohol as it dries the skin and beard, leaving it prone to dandruff and dehydration.
- After that rinse it with lukewarm water first and then run cold water over it. This is to make sure that your beard doesn’t lose its natural moisture.
- Towel dry your beard after washing it. You can blow dry it too, but be very gentle while doing that.
- Now is the time to put oil or balm on your beard. Make sure that your beard is completely dry while you oil it as wet beard does not absorb beard care products that nicely. You can use any products of your liking, but you have to be careful that they do not harm your skin or beard.
- Use a beard brush to evenly distribute the oil or balm into your beard and untangle it. This way it will look smoother and free from any roughness. Then brush your beard to give it its customary shape and you are all set to go.
How to Make Your Beard Shine
A shiny and glossy soft beard is what makes women fall for you, so you have to make sure that your beard stays shiny all the time. Here is how you can make your beard shine:
- A shiny beard comes from clean and soft facial hair, for which a nice and nourishing shampoo is a must. Shampoo your beard to clean it, but do not overdo it as too much shampoo can leave your hair messy and tangled too.
- Apply a softening and shining conditioner to it and make sure that you remove all the residue shampoo and conditioner from your beard. Dried off conditioner or shampoo makes your beard look dull and dirty which is something that you want to avoid.
- Trim your beard to remove any extra hair and to give it a proper shape. Then apply coconut oil to make it smooth and shiny after trimming it. Coconut oil has natural properties which will make your beard glow and appeal to
- Avoid shimmering sprays as they weaken the hair of your beard and use Argan oil and vitamin E instead which give it a long-term shine.
Tips to Soften the Beard and Make It Look Shiny
Making the beard look shiny is very easy. Beard oil will add the required shine to the beard. But softening the hard beard is a tough job to accomplish. A beard may get rough for many reasons.
Finding those reasons are the most important to consciously avoid them in the future. You’ll get the necessary information and tips on the below list.
1. Beard Conditioner
General shampoos and conditioners can make your beard hair grow rough and hard. It is advisable to avoid such store-bought items and products unless they are of very good quality.
Use beard conditioners that can easily penetrate your skin. Take 1 tbsp of natural oil like olive oil or lavender oil and massage it on your beard hair follicles. This helps in the growth of soft beard hair and reduces stripping.
10 Must-Have Beard Products
2. Avoid Fondling
Stop playing with your beard. Resist the temptation of fondling the beard. The pulling of beard strands frequently makes them hard and rough.
It hinders the smooth growth and leads to unfinished and slow beard growth. Instead, leave your beard as it is and let it grow naturally.
3. Soft Beard Wax
There are some beards that grow in different directions and appear like a mess. It is important to tame such a wild hard beard. Use a soft beard wax before you leave for outside or work and retain it.
This helps to soften your beard hair and keep them uniform. It makes it difficult for wild hair to pop free. There are regular and glossy beard waxes available in markets that help to get a smooth, soft and dark-colored beard.
4. Mustard Oil Beard Treatment
If you are wishing for a soft and thick beard, take 2-3 drops of mustard oil mixed with 1tsp of honey and massage it on your beard. Do this once or twice a month and get smooth and healthy growth of thick and soft beard.
Alert Signs: Start Using Beard Oil Right Now!
5. Olive Oil
Take 2 drops of extra virgin oil and heat it. Massage this oil and then apply neatly on your beard. Retain it overnight and rinse off in the morning. This helps to nourish the beard follicles and keep them smooth, soft and shiny.
6. Trim the Knots
Split ends affect the look of your beard and lead to slow and rough growth which makes it hard. Trim these split ends and prevent it from splitting again.
Otherwise, it may damage the hair follicles and cause them to grow hard. Take scissors and trim the split ends right at home. Keep the beard knot-free unless you are growing a long beard.
7. Style the Beard Carefully
Trimming is not anything less than an art. It can be troublesome but do it meticulously. Also, apply 2 tbsp of vegetable oil on your beard after trimming it. This helps in the smooth and softer growth of beard. Retrain this oil for 30 minutes and then wash off.
You can style your beard the way you want but make sure to use the vegetable oil mix on your bread to promote soft and shiny beard.
8. Use Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is a natural moisturizing and hydrating agent which makes sure that all dandruff related issues stay away from your hair.
It nourishes your beard and helps it get soft and smooth in a natural way which has no side effects. You need to massage it on your beard gently twice a day for better results. Within a week, your beard will lose all the roughness and you won’t be able to resist running your fingers through it.
9. Honey and Lemon Juice
Honey is a natural product which you can find easily at home. It helps with the growth and softening of the beard, so apply it on your beard regularly.
To make it work more efficiently add a little lemon juice to honey and see how soft a beard you get. Lemon juice will also kill any harmful microorganisms making sure the growth of dandruff is inhibited.
10. Use an Oil-Based Shampoo
Using an oil-based shampoo is important for softening your beard as it nourishes your beard and removes any tangles smoothly. The shampoo is not only for your scalp but also for your beard, so do not forget to wash it with a proper and good quality shampoo too.
11. Rinse Your Beard with Cold Water After Shower
Taking a hot shower is good as it soothes your muscles, but it can leave your beard robbed of moisture. So, in order to retain the moisture of your beard, rinse your beard with cold water to seal the pores and lock in the moisture.
Beard and Mustache both demand great care from a patron. A soft and shiny beard can change the whole outward look of an individual. So, it is a must to take proper care of beards and mustaches.