When it comes to your beard, the last thing you want is to mess around with an inferior dye. Thinning spots and gray hair make you look older, and the correct dye will put the youth back in your facial hair.
There are many black men who love to style their beards and play with colors. They need dyes that offer authentic color. It also helps if they are hypoallergenic and don’t take hours to mix and apply. That’s why we assembled this list of five beard dyes for black men that will have you looking youthful and spry in no time. Read on to learn about the best beard dye for black men.
Best Beard Dyes for Black Men
If you’re in a hurry, take a quick look at our top picks.
1. Bigen EZ Color for Men– Best Gray Coverage
For black men, Bigen EZ Color provides a convenient way to eliminate those grays. The dye has added chemicals, but less than most other synthetic products.
Because it includes no ammonia, Bigen EZ Color is excellent for those with skin prone to irritation. Though some consumers complained of skin effects, this dye still causes fewer problems than its competitors.
Bigen EZ Color for Men offers value in a strong brand. The product lasts for many applications. Of course, how long your kit lasts depends on how your beard grows. Most men report needing to reapply the dye every 2-4 weeks.
- Includes jet black, plain black, darkest brown, and many other color options.
- Aloe for skin treatment.
- No skin stains.
- Easy to apply.
- All-inclusive kit.
- Does not require mixing.
- Has chemicals.
- Some customers complained of reactions.
- Fairly frequent reapplications.
2. Godefroy Professional Hair Color Tint Kit, Natural Black– Best Overall
This beard color and tint kit is customizable because it comes in capsules, offers efficient distribution, and you can use the right amount needed for your beard. The capsules are also effective for small patches and grays because you don’t need to mix more dye than required.
The package provides a very pure-looking dye that blends with your actual beard color. Godefroy adds no chemicals, so this is an excellent choice for delicate skin. The emulsion formula prevents dripping while you apply the dye.
Godefroy’s kit is easy on the pocketbook. It includes all the needed instruments, capsules, brushes, and cups.
- Great for small areas.
- No waste because of the distribution system.
- Color stays for up to six weeks.
- No nasty odors.
- Very realistic look.
- Blends with your beard’s natural color.
- Cream formula keeps application clean.
- Not for full-sized beards.
- Some complaints of allergic reactions.
- You need to prepare the dye from the capsules.
3. Grizzly Mountain Beard Dye Organic and Natural Black– Best Natural Dye
This dye is chemical-free, organic, and a quality product at a low cost. Because of its lack of additives, it’s perfect for sensitive skin. The dye stays for about 7-10 days.
The package includes the dye plus base, which must be blended. So you might have a bit of a mess to clean. We’ve seen some complaints about the difficulty of getting the desired color, though most customers report a very natural appearance.
We recommend applying it before bed. Some users report slight yellowing upon application, but it fades to black within a few hours.
- Adapts to hair texture.
- Includes plant and herb mixes.
- Natural appearance.
- Quicker mixing process versus other natural dyes.
- You can mix to match the shade of black you need.
- More costly versus synthetics.
- Strong smell versus synthetics.
- Temporary discoloration.
4. The Henna Guys Henna Beard & Hair Dye Jet Black– Best Chemical Free
The Henna Guys beard and hair dye is a non-synthetic coloring kit that comes in black and brown. As it is chemical-free, if you have delicate skin, you might want to consider this product.
This product also eliminates leftover gunk from any chemical-containing products you might have used in the past.
You must blend this dye, so you could have some mess to clean. But consumers rate it as worth the time because of the realistic color.
- Not animal tested.
- 100% refund available.
- Conditions and nourishes the beard.
- Multiple dark shades according to how you mix it.
- No chemicals.
- The dyeing process can take hours.
- Mixing might leave you with some cleaning.
5. Blackbeard For Men Formula X– Best for Versatility
Blackbeard for Men Formula X marks the spot if you want to look younger fast. This unique product serves as a kind of mascara for facial hair. Application is instant, so it’s excellent for covering thinning areas and random grays without the need for mixing.
It’s also hypoallergenic and has no chemicals added, making it fantastic for delicate skin. No mixing equals no mess. In addition, Blackbeard for Men Formula X comes in brown and black.
This dye is also great for outdoorsmen because it is resistant to water and sweat, so you can trust this dye to keep you looking fit and youthful even on the high seas.
- Easy washout.
- Instant color.
- No mixing.
- Versatility: Cover small spots or the whole beard.
- Fill in gaps for thinning beards.
- Easy to adjust color.
- Temporary, lasting only about 24-hours.
- Not recommended for long beards.
All of the listed dyes are top flight. Two to especially consider are the Grizzly Mountain Beard Dye and the Black Beard for Men Formula X.
Grizzly Mountain’s dye with a hypoallergenic formula provides an excellent option for maintaining healthy skin for black men. Very few consumers experience irritation.
The Blackbeard for Men Formula X provides a unique, no-mix, no-mess option great for touch-ups. It is essential for when you’re on the go.
Color is always an important factor for black men when it comes to beard dyes. Though the Grizzly Mountain Beard Dye might cause a slight yellowing upon application, the color is astoundingly accurate once it settles after a few hours.
The Blackbeard for Men Formula X also provides realistic color but with a much easier application process.
No matter which product you choose, one of these beard dyes will be sure to suit your beard-dyeing needs!
Last update on 2023-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API