Goatee refers to the facial hairy style that connects the chin beard with the mustache. Long ago, Goatee was associated with Billy Goat beards. However, this has changed with time. Men who were friendly or embraced that particular style were referred by the same name “goatee”.
HOW GOATEE EVOLVED AS A BEARD STYLE
Goatee beard has a long history. Let’s make it short. It was mostly associated with Billy goats. Those goats have peculiar style of beards. However, you need to know that those kinds of beards are only common with male goats. Come 1990, the word ‘Goatee’ was used by a number of people referring to individuals with those kinds of beards. Then the name ‘Goatee’ became popular and referred to this identical beard style.
Do you know why some people look awkward when they shave in a certain way? I guess not! Our faces have different shapes; before seating down to be shaved, you need to choose a style that compliment the shape of your face. For instance if you have Diamond or Heart shaped face, you need to embrace goatee beards. It is believe that individual with such shapes have very narrow chins; therefore, Goatee beard style broaden their chin balancing the shape of the face.
HOW TO GROW A GOATEE
Growing goatee beard is very simple and straight. Prior to doing anything, you need to leave your beards to grow for a while. As they are growing, you provide the necessary mechanism to repress the chance of your beards shrinking.Highlighted down here are a number of factor you should consider when nurturing your beards.
- Visualize the shape of your face.
- Choose on the best trimming style that goes hand in hand with your face shape.
- Shape or trim goatee as per your style.
- Keep it clean always.
HOW TO TRIM
Trimming goatee is not a walk in the part as many would wish to think. There are a number of steps you need to follow so as to ensure that the process is smooth. First, ensure that you have the necessary tool such as scissors, comb, blade or an electric shaver. What’s more, you can also embrace issues such oil or powder when trimming; however, this purely depends on you. Let’s get down to the process of trimming your goatee:
- Nurture your beards for a week or so. When your beards are long enough comb it and get prepared to trim.
- Comb your beards to avoid curling, after which you can trim your beards as per the length of your choice.
- After deciding on a particular size as well as shape, then you should go ahead to start trimming your beards. Don’t start without deciding anything as this may result in over-trimming.
- First, start by defining the outline of your goatee.
- Repeat it all round using the trimmer.
- After outlining the full area, then you can go ahead and trim your goatee. Always use a mirror when doing the procedure.
- Finally, clean your face with warm water and then dry it with a face towel.
- Comb your goatee.
Nurturing goatee takes time. It also takes effort to grow a nice, clean goatee. Therefore you need to be very keen at the time when doing several things for instance.
- Avoid over trimming.
- Trim your goatee as per the shape of your face so as you can look good.
- Avoid using unlicensed cream when trimming because they might trigger bumps.
- Always comb your goatee prior to shaving so as to get even shape goatee.
Maintaining goatee is very important. As a matter of fact, you need to water as well as comb your goatee on daily; trim it on accessional basis and finally make sure that it is always within a manageable height.