Biotin for Beard Growth: Top 5 Biotin Products Reviewed
Wondering how to make your beard thicker? Biotin for beard growth is among a few “magic pills” the supplement market is ready to throw at your feet. Men rarely research such pills so most manufacturers target women. But why shouldn’t we take advantage of this remedy as well? We took some time to review a few biotin products to give you an idea, which ones are worth your attention.
What Is Biotin?
A biotin is a B group vitamin, which can be found in natural products, such as bananas and eggs. You can also get it from supplements.Biotin is otherwise called Vitamin B7. This vitamin is important for normal adrenal function. It maintains a good nervous system. B7 is also vital for normal fat and carbohydrate metabolism. If the metabolic functions of biotin are absent from the system, the human body starts suffering damages. They include skin damage, hair loss, nervous system problems, brittle nails, and much more. The vitamin can help glucose tolerance (lower blood sugar levels), which is important for diabetics. It’s used to treat many conditions related to energy metabolism, hair and nail problems. Such diseases include alopecia, hair loss, seborrheic dermatitis, and more. Biotin may also reduce muscle cramps for people undergoing dialysis.
Foods That Contain Biotin
While supplements seem to be the easiest way to get enough biotin for beard growth, you can get this vitamin from natural foods you eat every day.
- Eggs (mostly yolks)
- Nuts (walnuts, peanuts)
- Whole grains
- Dairy prodcuts
If you consume sufficient amounts of the above foods every day, you may not need any other supplements for hair growth.
Types of Available Biotin for Beard Growth
There are several sources you can get biotin from beside natural foods and supplements.
- Biotin-Containing Shampoos and Hair Creams Many shampoo manufacturers are adding biotin to their products. Even though not enough research has been done about the “topical” use of the biotin and whether it really helps beard growth, many men are using it already. Before using such a shampoo, check out the ingredients in order to avoid allergies.
- Biotin-Containing Hair and Beard Oil Hair oil often contains biotin and so does beard oil. Besides moisturizing and nourishing your beard hair, biotin-containing oil can improve its appearance and thickness. When choosing a beard oil, check out the ingredients. If the list contains biotin, you get additional advantages.
In most cases, oral consumption of biotin is much more effective than topical use. That’s why supplements and natural foods are usually on top of the list.
Biotin for Men
Can men take biotin? Most of the biotin-containing products on the market today are advertised for women. But it doesn’t mean men can’t take advantage of them. Biotin works well for both men and women. If you are having trouble with the hair on your head or a thin beard, a biotin deficiency may be the reason. All the biotin-containing supplements you can buy today can be used by both men and women. The dosage may vary depending on your special needs. It’s important to consult your doctor before self-prescribing yourself any pills.
The Best Biotin Product: Editor’s Pick
We tried hard checking out a variety of biotin products for beard growth.We trust our editor to make the best choices. When we presented him with our top options, he chose:
Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets
Our editor recommends Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets. This moderately priced supplement contains only the ingredients necessary to promote hair growth and nail strength. It’s easy to swallow and the results may appear in just one month.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.8/10
Full Reviews of Top 5 Biotin Products for Beard Growth
1. Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets
This product contains only biotin and calcium making it a great supplement for men, who need to improve their hair thickness. Besides a thick beard, you can get the advantage of thicker and healthier nails. The supplement helps support metabolism and improves the overall physical condition. Most users report healthier skin.
2. Nature’s Bounty Biotin 10,000 mcg
This supplement is designed to promote hair growth, improve nervous system, and keep your nails strong. It helps your metabolism. You need to take the pills for at least a few months to notice the effect. The soft gels are easy to swallow.
3. Beard Growth Vitamins for Men by Wild Willies
This supplement contains all-natural ingredients, including biotin, B5, zinc, C, E, D and B 12. Besides making your beard grow thicker, it acts as a multivitamin to fuel the rest of your body. The pills contain nutrients, which improve the skin condition and reduce irritation and itchiness. It starts working fast reducing the patches and improving the quality of the beard hair.
4. The Beard Legacy: Beard Growth Kit
This is a nice kit for men, who want to improve their beard thickness and appearance. It includes 60 tablets of biotin supplement and 30 ml of high-quality beard oil. Both products are made with natural ingredients. The pills don’t contain any other vitamins except biotin. Such a set can make a great gift for any beardy.
5. DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins with Biotin and DHT Blocking Ingredients
Even though it may take up to 3 months for the results to show, this supplement helps hair and nail growth. It deals with vitamin B deficiencies, which can lead to unfortunate consequences. It’s made out of 100% natural ingredients. The manufacturer provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee, making it easy to return the product if it doesn’t work for you.
Drag & Drop Product to Compare & Contrast Your Preferred Biotin Product
- Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets
- Nature’s Bounty Biotin Nature’s Bounty Biotin
- Beard Growth Vitamins for Men by Wild Willies Beard Growth Vitamins for Men by Wild Willies
- The Beard Legacy: Beard Growth Kit The Beard Legacy: Beard Growth Kit
- DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins
We have looked into many different biotin supplements and read hundreds of reviews. Taking advantage of our experience and our editor’s expertise, we came up with the winner. The best biotin for beard growth, in our opinion, is Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets.
How Does Biotin Help Beard Growth?
Biotin works for the beard in the same way it works for other hair on your body. By helping breakdown energy, it supports hair follicles (among other benefits). If your body lacks vitamin B7, you may experience hair loss and beard thinning. In such cases, biotin-containing foods or supplements can help improve the way your beard looks and feels.
Why do men need biotin? For the same reason as women do. This vitamin is vital for various processes in your body. If you want to look and feel healthy, you must have a sufficient amount of this vitamin in your organism. Its lack can lead to bad consequences.
Negative Consequences of Taking Biotin
Even though not enough studies have been done to learn all about biotin’s effect on our bodies, it seems to be safe to take it in recommended dosages. Overdosing on biotin may lead to slower insulin release, skin irritations, and blood sugar spikes. If you consume biotin as your doctor recommends, you shouldn’t experience any side effects.
The most common negative consequence of taking biotin supplements is allergies. However, allergies don’t occur due to biotin itself, the body usually reacts to the other ingredients in the supplement. Be careful and always read the label before taking biotin supplements.
Things to Look for When Choosing Biotin for Beard Growth
- Read about the amount of biotin in each tablet/capsule. The ideal amount is between 5,000 and 10,000 mcg. Anything less may not be effective.
- Check out other ingredients on the list. Some of them may cause allergies and worsen the situation with your hair.
- If you want the supplement to work better, look for vitamins on the ingredients list.
- Biotin works better if it’s combined with vegetables. Look for them on the ingredients list or eat fresh vegetables on a regular basis.
- Look for good product reviews. The manufacturer can give big promises but only real users can say if the product works or not.
- Check for natural ingredients in the supplement. If many synthetic components are added, the pills may not work as well as you want them to.
- If you are diabetic, make sure there is no sugar added to the biotin supplements
- Consider consulting your doctor before buying a supplement. Perhaps the reason for your hair loss (or lack of hair) is due to some other condition.
- Pay attention to the price of the product. In most cases, highly priced tablets don’t contain anything different from fairly priced products.
- Consider your dieting habits. If you consume enough biotin-containing foods already, you may not need high dosages of the supplement.
Tips for Using Biotin for Beard Growth
- Read the instructions carefully in order not to exceed the dosage
- Consider eating biotin-rich foods instead of or together with the supplements
- Do blood work to find out if you have a biotin deficiency
- Contact your doctor to make sure you need to take biotin
- Try to choose biotin supplements with as few additional ingredients as possible
- Consider using biotin-containing shampoos and oils
- Look for symptoms of biotin deficiency besides hair loss before considering high dosages of the supplements
- Don’t stop taking the supplement too early. It usually takes months for the results to become obvious.
Q: When will biotin start working?
Ans: Get ready to wait for at least a month to see the results. Some people quit takin biotin too early. In most cases, these pills start working after 3 months of regular use.
Q: What is the recommended daily dosage for biotin?
Ans: Before taking any supplements, you should consult your doctor. The general recommended minimum dosage for adults is 30 mcg per day.
Q: Are biotin supplements better than biotin-containing food?
Ans: Natural foods with biotin are better but it’s hard to get the required daily amount of the food you eat. In most cases, taking supplements is just more convenient.
Q: Does biotin really work for beard growth?
Ans: No official research has been done to prove that regular biotin consumption improves hair growth. However, some research has shown that biotin deficiency leads to hair loss. The research regarding this matter is ongoing. Meanwhile, many people report positive results.
Q: Are there any side effects of taking biotin supplements?
Ans: The most common side effect is allergies to other ingredients in the supplement. Read the label carefully to avoid an allergy attack.
Choosing the biotin for beard growth is a tough task. We have found a worthy product, which we hope is right for most of our readers. Please consult your doctor before taking any supplements. You may have individual contraindications.