11 Best Beard Conditioners & Softeners in 2018: User’s Review
A beautiful, well-groomed, and thick beard is a dream, which can come true. All you need is the right products. It took a long time to grow a beard but the effort doesn’t stop there. Taking care of your beard is compulsory for making it look fantastic all day long. One of the products that can help you do this is the beard conditioner or softener!
Summary Review: Top 3 Beard Conditioners & Softeners
There are so many of them on the market today that choosing the perfect one isn’t easy. We have done the research and would like to offer you 11 top options. Take a look at our top 3 picks and choose the best one for your needs. If you are looking for more read on to get the idea of 11 best beard conditioner & softners to make the best buy.
Top Pick 1: Pierre’s Beard Oil, Conditioner, And Softener
This fragrance-free beard oil acts as a conditioner and softener, which is great for dry skin and short beards. Besides dealing with the itch, this product tames even the wildest beards. Only a small amount is required to get the job done.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.5/10
Top Pick 2: Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave in Conditioner
This vegan-friendly leave-in conditioner contains natural ingredients and promotes beard thickness and growth. It’s easy to apply and only a small amount is needed to keep the beard looking healthy.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.8/10
Top Pick 3: Polished Gentleman’s Beard Growth and Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
This natural, alcohol and paraben-free beard conditioner double up as a shampoo. The product contains high-quality ingredients that clean and soften the facial hair without washing away natural oils.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.5/10
Best Beard Conditioners & Softeners Full Reviews
1. Pierre’s Beard Oil, Conditioner, And Softener
This premium beard oil triples up as a conditioner and softener. It’s a wonderful choice for men, who enjoy products with strong and alluring scents. It deals with beard itching and tames wild hair. The oil can help prevent dandruff and treat dry skin.
The product is easy to use. You need only a couple of drops to keep the beard looking great all day long. The oil makes a wonderful gift. It’s fused with vitamins and moisturizing so the beard doesn’t just look but also feels amazing.
2. Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-in Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner is a top-choice product for men with short facial hair since it does a great job dealing with the itching. The product is made out of all-natural ingredients that don’t just keep the beard soft but also promote healthy hair growth.
The conditioner smells great since there are no artificial fragrance additives. It also deals with split hair and dandruff, making the beard look soft, well-groomed and beautiful.
3. Polished Gentleman’s Beard Growth and Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
This product contains mostly natural ingredients, which make it safe to use on all types of facial hair. This beard conditioner contains natural hair thickening components, such as biotin, argon oil, and eucalyptus, which help thin hair gain volume. The softening ingredient can keep the harsh hair soft until the next wash.
The product lathers easily, smells good and leaves the hair looking and feeling soft and well-groomed all day long.
4. Spartans Den Beard Balm
This beard balm is a great solution for men with frizzy and stiff beards. The balm softens the hair and moisturizes the skin on your face. It helps you promote a healthy beard and deal with dandruff and skin irritation.
The product is light and goes on lightly. The balm makes the hair easy to manage, helping you shape the beard any way you want it. The balm has a heavy and appealing scent of cardamom, lavender and a mix of other spices.
5. The B.I.G. Company’s Beard Wax
This beard softening and styling product is an exciting creation since it deals with many problems at once. You can use it to style and moisturize your beard while keeping it dandruff and itch-free. The manufacturer provides a 60-day money back guarantee, which means the company is reasonably sure that you’ll be satisfied with the product.
This product strengthens and visually extends beard hair, making it a good choice for men with fine hair and short beards.
6. Green Leaf Naturals’ Aloe Vera Beard Conditioner and Softener
This natural softener, conditioner, and moisturizer contain aloe vera, which is a perfect remedy for the itchy and irritated skin. The soothing qualities of this product are perfect for men with stiff hair and dry skin. The conditioner contains other natural ingredients to help promote healthy beard hair and complexion.
The conditioner for beard absorbs fully so you don’t need to rinse it. You can apply it anytime you want to improve the look of your beard and get rid of the itchy feeling.
7. Tree Naturals ZEN Men’s Hair & Beard Leave-In Conditioner Spray
This is one of the best beards leave in conditioner and softener for guys, who lead an active life. The main advantage of this product is that it comes in a spray form. It contains softening and moisturizing ingredients, such as aloe vera and shea oil. It has a strong manly scent of citrus mixed with sandalwood and vanilla.
You can apply this spray on dry or wet beard. It has a light texture and only a small amount is required for the softening and moisturizing properties to start working. The spray is packed with vitamins and improvs hair growth.
8. Mr. Rugged Beard Balm Conditioner
This product is a great choice for men with sensitive skin, who often suffer from the beard itch and dandruff. It contains wheat amino acids to promote beard health and prevent hair breakage. The conditioner for beard helps you shape your softened beard any way you like it, making it suitable for long and full beards.
This product also contains silicones that protect facial hair from the sun. It has a unique and appealing fragrance. Most of the ingredients are natural.
9. Gentlemen’s Beard Leave-in Conditioner/Softener
While this product may have a fairly high price, it offers a variety of nice properties. It’s 100% natural and alcohol/paraben-free. This is a great beard softener for men, who suffer from allergies since it contains absolutely no additives. This product softens the beard and makes it look and feel healthier. The leave in conditioner fights dandruff and relieves itching.
The product has a light texture and great absorbing properties. You can apply it to wet and damp hair. The conditioner comes with a money back guarantee.
10. Bossman Fortify Intense Beard Conditioner
If you are looking for a product to pump up the volume of your beard, this is a perfect choice as conditioner for beards. It focuses on the hair follicles, making them more active. Healthy and active follicles produce thick and voluminous hair. The conditioner contains betaine, which moisturizes hair and skin and softens stiff beards.
It has a thick texture and needs to be rinsed off. You can choose from three different pronounced scents created by Bossman.
11. Wild Willie’s Beard Butter
This beard butter is made out of 100% natural ingredients. It doesn’t just soften the hair and make it more manageable, the butter keeps the beard healthy and shiny. It doesn’t have a greasy look. The butter is packed with vitamins that help your beard grow and relieve skin irritation.
The product doesn’t have a fragrance, making it a wonderful choice for men with allergies and sensitive skin. Only a small amount is required for the product to work. Too much butter may make your beard look greasy.
Drag and drop products to compare your preferred product from our list.
- PIERRE’S BEARD OILPIERRE’S BEARD OIL
- HONEST AMISH BEARD BALMHONEST AMISH BEARD BALM
- POLISHED GENTLEMAN’S BEARD CONDITIONERPOLISHED GENTLEMAN’S BEARD CONDITIONER
- SPARTANS DEN BEARD BALMSPARTANS DEN BEARD BALM
- THE B.I.G. COMPANY’S BEARD WAXTHE B.I.G. COMPANY’S BEARD WAX
- GREEN LEAF NATURALS’ BEARD CONDITIONERGREEN LEAF NATURALS’ BEARD CONDITIONER
- TREE NATURALS ZEN MEN’S HAIR & BEARD LEAVE-IN CONDITIONERTREE NATURALS ZEN MEN’S HAIR & BEARD LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER
- MR. RUGGED BEARD BALMMR. RUGGED BEARD BALM
- GENTLEMEN’S BEARD LEAVE-IN CONDITIONERGENTLEMEN’S BEARD LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER
- BOSSMAN'S BEARD CONDITIONERBOSSMAN'S BEARD CONDITIONER
- WILD WILLIE’S BEARD BUTTERWILD WILLIE’S BEARD BUTTER
We believe that the best product on the market today is Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-in Conditioner.
Things to Look for When Choosing The Best Beard Conditioner & Softener
- Natural ingredients to avoid allergies
- Scent description not to be disappointed
- Easy application at home or on the go
- Respectable manufacturer
- Light texture for enjoyable application
- Does it deal with itching?
- Does it offer moisturizing properties?
- Can it shape your beard?
- Does it soften even the thickest hair?
- Is it suitable for all hair types?
- Can it be used on a full beard?
- Does it have nutrients to promote beard growth?
Tips for Using Beard Conditioner/Softener
- Always read the label to find out the ideal quantity for the application.
- Apply the conditioner to damp hair.
- Use the conditioner on a regular basis (at least once a day).
- Always start by spot-testing the product in order to avoid allergies.
- Work the conditioner thoroughly into the beard so it reaches the skin under below.
- Remember, what works for your friend may not work for you. So be ready to test several conditioners for beard before finding your perfect product.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should I use a beard conditioner?
Ans: The best time to use a beard conditioner is after washing your beard. You can apply the product twice a day.
- Can you use beard oil and beard conditioner together?
Ans: If your skin is dry and you need extra moisturizing, you can use several beard products together. If you are using a leave-in conditioner, wait for it to dry before applying the oil.
- Can a beard conditioner stop dandruff?
Ans: If it has proper moisturizing ingredients, it can stop dandruff, relief itchiness and irritation.
- Can natural beard conditioners cause allergies?
Ans: Yes, some of them can. Please spot-test each product before using.
- How long does the beard conditioner’s effect last?
Ans: In most cases, the effect lasts for at least 24 hours. Some conditioners or beard softeners work until the next wash.
After weeks of research, we have compiled a list of the best beard conditioners and softeners on the market today. We hope we made your search easier. All the above products can become a wonderful choice for your beard.Beard conditioners vary. Some come as a separate product while others have softening, fixating, and moisturizing properties. Each beard is different and requires a special approach. We hope we helped you by narrowing down the choices. One of the above products has all the chances of becoming your favorite beard conditioner. Let us know when you test them.