People who grow beards make the mistake of using regular shampoos to clean them. Prolonged use of regular shampoos, roughens and damages the beard and turns the skin beneath scaly and itchy. It is important to know that beard hair is different than the scalp hair and needs a special type of shampoo for its cleaning and conditioning. If you want to have a full and healthy beard, you need to use the best beard shampoo or wash that rightly cleanses and nourishes your beard to keep it in good shape.
What Is A Beard Shampoo or Wash?
Beard shampoo is a mild sulfate-free wash which cleanses and conditions the beard without stripping out natural oils from it and the skin underneath. It washes dead skin cells giving your beard a clean, fresh look. Choosing right beard shampoo according to your skin can make your dull, patchy beard to a good-looking and problem free beard.
Ingredients in A Beard Shampoo
A beard shampoo is a combination of these ingredients.
- Carrier oils like Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil
- Essential oils like lavender, peppermint, sandalwood oil.
- It also contains water, shea or cocoa butter, beeswax.
All of these produces good lather along with moisturizing properties to the skin and facial hair.These components make beard shampoo organic and make the beard good to its own shape.
Summary Review: Top 7 Beard Shampoo/Wash You Can Buy
Today there are so many beard shampoos available on the market. All of them claim of being natural, organic and best suited for eliminating beard related problems. So a beard grower is often confused and feels indecisive about buying the right one. So we performed a research and came up with a list of 7 best beard shampoos. Any of these would effectively clean and condition the beard but go through the reviews including pros and cons below to choose the best one for yourself.
Top Pick 1: Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo
It is a beard shampoo with a multi-natural ingredient blend that gently cleanses and nourishes your beard without stripping off natural oils. The rare ingredient Tasmania kunzea added in the mix is a skin antiseptic that prevents rashes and itchiness. It comes along with a handy eco-friendly travel bag.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.8/10
Top Pick 2. Grave Before Shave Beard Wash Shampoo
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.5/10
Top Pick 3. Medicine Man’s Itchy Beard Wash
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.5/10
7 Best Beard Shampoo/ Wash: Extensive & Exclusive Reviews
1. Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo
2. Grave Before Shave Beard Wash Shampoo
3. Medicine Man’s Itchy Beard Wash
4. Maple Hill Naturals: Honest for Men Original Scent Beard Wash Shampoo and Conditioner
It is an all natural, sweet lavender and orange smelling beard shampoo bar that leaves your beard beardruff free, soft, and fresh smelling. Its light action does not strip off natural oils from your skin like the regular soaps.
5. Honest Amish Beard & Body Soap
6. Mountaineer Brand All-Natural beard Shampoo
It is a cedar and fir needle scented, liquid Castile, mildly cleansing beard shampoo made from natural ingredients. The deep conditioning oils work in a more sensible way than the sulfate-based commercial shampoos.
7. Spartans Den Premium Beard Shampoo
Drag & Drop Product to Compare & Contrast Your Preferred Beard Shampoo/Wash
Shampoos for Different Beard Problems
- For Itching – Medicine Man’s Itchy Beard is anti-itch shampoo which gives relief from itchiness and dryness of beard.
- For Beardruff – Honest for Men Original Scent Beard Wash Shampoo and Conditioner is the ideal product for removing beardruff.
- For Taming – Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard SHAMPOO From Tasmania Australia is organic shampoo to tame the beard.
- For Patchy Beard – Maple Hill Naturals: Honest for Men Original Scent Beard Wash Shampoo and Conditioner is used to fix patchy beard.
How Does Beard Shampoo Work?
Beard shampoos contain natural ingredients that cleanse and condition the beard. During application, beard shampoos produce a rich lather that softens beard hair follicles and nourishes them. The best beard shampoos contain ingredients that eliminate rash, dandruff, itching and promote beard growth.
Beard Shampoo Vs. Regular Shampoo
Regular shampoos use high quantities of sulfate and surfactant based chemicals. Beard shampoos, on the other hand, use natural and organic ingredients that are mild on skin and beard hair. Regular shampoos can strip off natural oils and leave the skin beneath dry, beard shampoos, on the contrary, perform cleansing while keeping necessary oils intact and moisturize the skin with nutrients. Regular shampoos usually do not cure dandruff and itching completely while a beard shampoo eliminates them.
How Often Should You Wash Your Beard?
Wash your beard with shampoo 1 to 2 times weekly. It is not good to wash your beard in every single day as it absorbs natural oil from the skin making the beard dry and rough. It depends on the skin type of yours how much you need to wash your beard. If it’s oily you can wash it 3-4 times and if it’s dry then you can wash it 1-2 times in a week.
How to Wash Your Beard
- Wet your beard with lukewarm water
- Pour a bit of shampoo on your hand and rub it over the palm
- Apply the shampoo on your beard with scrubbing motion until it lathers up
- Rinse with water until soap goes away
We did an extensive research while weighing in different characteristics to come up with the list of best beard shampoos or washes. We analyzed customer opinions, pros, cons and how it works in terms of conditioning, moisturizing, cleaning, and other properties to finally narrow down to this list and choose a top pick. When you buy any one of these there is a high chance that it will become your favorite and you will repeatedly buy it in the future.