Planning to grow a long beard? Well! Beard oil can be your ultimate beard care assistant. Beard oil is a conditioning product that will help you get the best possible benefits from it. Anyone will notice the shiny and smooth facial hairs you’ll get by using a good quality beard oil. You may wonder do beard oils really work. Yes, they do.
What Is Beard Oil?
Don’t get panicked hearing the word ‘oil’. Beard oil doesn’t involve any complex and harmful chemicals in the process. The two core ingredients of a beard oil are carrier oils and essential oils. Carrier oils are mainly the key ingredient as they carry the moisture and essential oils are used to add scent to the oil. One can omit the portion of essential oils if he wants. So, basically, different variants of carrier oils and essentials oils form different types of beard oils. Argan oil, Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Grapeseed oil etc are some of the best carrier oils and Lavender oil, Rosemary oil, Cedarwood oil are good examples of essential oils.
Carrier oil is made from the seeds, nuts, and kernels of a plant which are the fatty portion of a plant. These oils help other oils reach the required places and protect the skin and hair from irritation, sensitization and other unexpected reactions to an oil. The name ‘carrier oil’ is a perfect name as it refers to the purpose of a carrier oil which carries other oils onto the skin. These oils are natural and unscented.
- Almond oil: This oil protects the skin from inflammation and also soften it.
- Argan oil: This can be a good replacement for hair gel. It helps in hair styling.
- Castor oil: Prevents acne and facial infections.
- Coconut oil: A natural moisturizer and conditioner.
- Grape seed: A great source of antioxidants and moisturizers.
- Jojoba oil: One of the most used carrier oils which are so rich in minerals and vitamins.
Essential oils are volatile compounds which are extracted from plants. They are mainly used to add aroma to an oil. These oils are called essential oils because they contain the essence of a plant’s identical fragrance. That’s why different essential oils are named after that specific plant from which it is derived. Some essential oils are as follows.
- Cedarwood: Good for skin and removes acne and itchiness.
- Eucalyptus: This is like a medicine that has antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Fir needle: Good for the people having a body odor. It also helps heal and reduce pain.
- Pinewood: It does great in improving the blood circulation thus improve the skin tone.
- Sandalwood: Inflammation will be of no concern if you have this at your home.
- Tea tree: This is considered to be the best herbal oil that can help in skin care therapy.
What Does Beard Oil Do? The Benefits
One may not hear about beard oils until he faces any beard problem. If he has an itchy beard, rash on the skin underneath the beard, beard split ends or lacks shiny and gorgeous look, sooner or later he has to know about it. Because a beard oil single-handedly can solve all these problems within a blink. That means beard oil really works. Some of the benefits of using a beard oil are as follows.
- Moisturizes the Hair: The prime goal of a beard oil is to provide the hairs with moisturizer. When the beard grows long there may arise a shortage of sebum oil. The natural sebum oil is not enough for a long and thick beard. That’s where the utility of a beard oil gets into action. Beard oils nourish the follicles and hair strands and make the beard look healthier.
- Good for the Facial Skin: These oils are equally good for the skin. Our skin gets the required moisturizer from the carrier oils which are present in a beard oil. Beard oils protect the beard from getting itchy and keeps the skin rash free. Itchiness is one of the greatest nuisances while growing a beard. Beard oils will help you get rid of this.
- Helps in Styling: Usually, beard balm is used for the styling of beard. But, you can get help from beard oils too. These oils soften the hair and make them manageable. Thus, any sort of styling is possible. Though, one may not get the hold of a beard balm.
- Removes Dandruff: The prerequisite of applying a beard oil is to clean the beard before. So, if you apply a beard oil regularly, the beard will be clean as well. Besides, dandruff is the result of dry skin. Beard oils supply necessary moisturizers to make the skin well-moisturized. Dandruff will be a long gone problem if you use beard oil regularly.
- Provides Good Smell: The function of the essential oils is to add smell to the beard. You will get access to a whole bunch of scents from the variants of different essential oils.
- Prevents Beard Split Ends: Beard oils can repair damaged hairs. Sometimes the top edge of hair becomes curly and gets frayed. Beard oils can solve this problem. Beard split ends are the consequences of excessive dryness and over application of different chemicals. Beard oils prevent beard split ends.
- Helps the Beard Grow Faster: You will not grow hair overnight by using a beard oil. But, beard oils can help the beard grow faster. The oils increase blood circulation and help other beard-growth factors. As a result, the beard grows faster.
When and How to Apply Beard Oils?
Apply a beard oil when the beard is anything more than 1 inch. If the beard is shorter, you will not need beard oils. Natural sebum oil derived from our body can take care of the short beard. But, if one feels itchiness and gets rashes in the skin, he can use beard oil even if the beard is short. The application process is very easy and simple.
- Wash the beard with a beard shampoo.
- Dry the beards completely using a towel.
- Put a few drops beard oil on your palms and fingertips and rub it to the beard.
- Use a brush or comb to mix the oil well and make an even distribution.
Where to Get Beard Oils?
There are hundreds of beard oils available in the marketplaces. You can get yours from the online market such as Amazon.com. Or you can make your own beard oil easily. We have gathered the best beard oil recipes for you on our site. The recipes are just one click away from your reach.
Beard oil should be a constant companion for the guys who have an epic beard. It’s almost impossible to get a manly look without using beard oils. These oils really work well and are inexpensive. Hope you will get benefits from your oil. All the best for the long-cherished beard.