Everyone with a beard has considered a beard trimmer at least once in his lifetime. Most men purchase one model or another. But many forget that choosing the best body hair trimmer can kill two birds with one stone. These trimmers are designed to shave and trim all types of facial, head, and even back hair. The 3 and 2 in 1 solutions can help you avoid purchasing extra tools.
We’ve decided to review a variety of such models to give you a good idea of what’s worth your while. After days of reviewing, hours of testing, and tons of shaving, we came up with top 7 options for your use. Let’s take a look.
The Best Body Hair Trimmers: Editor’s Top 3 Picks
It’s hard to choose the best beard growth product. We would recommend using the following products for your convenience.
Top Pick #1: Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100, BG2040
This high-quality trimmer deals with all body hair no matter how long or thick it is. It’s ergonomic and easy to use.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.8/10
Top Pick #2: MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
This tool is suitable for shaving hard-to-reach places on your back. It deals with the toughest hairs. The trimmer has a quick-charging and long-lasting battery. It’s fairly easy to handle.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.5/10
Top Pick #3: SUPRENT Beard Trimmer Kit, 5 in 1 Multi-functional Body Groomer Kit
This grooming kit offers all-body shave. It comes with a fair price tag and features sharp blades and many useful attachments.
Beardstyle Product Rating: 9.5/10
Things to Consider When Choosing The Best Body Groomer
- Sometimes manufacturers call regular shavers body trimmers/body groomers. Don’t fall for the trick. Carefully read the description and reviews to find out which body parts the tool actually trims and/or shaves.
- A whole body trim may take you up to half an hour. That’s why it’s very important to check if the trimmer has an ergonomic handle. Otherwise, your hand will hurt halfway through the process.
- Read about the learning curve of body trimmers. Some of them, especially those made for your back, aren’t easy to use. Make sure you understand how to use a trimmer before buying it.
- Check how many attachments a trimmer has. Various attachments can help you choose the length of your hair.
- Pay attention to the blades. The best choice is self-sharpening stainless steel blades. The rest can be dull and prone to rust.
- Check if the shaver is washable. If you like to shave and trim your hair in the shower, you can use only certain models.
- Find out about battery time. The longer the battery works the less you have to worry about recharging. This is important for men, who travel often.
- Learn whether the attachments are washable. Proper body trimmer maintenance is very important to its life cycle.
- Read about the warranty. Most of the high-quality shavers come with 2 to 3 year warranty. Those without a long warranty are likely to break down shortly.
- Pay attention to the brand. Unless you see an extensive good review about a body trimmer, don’t buy it from a “no-name” manufacturer.
Tips for Using The Best Body Hair Trimmer
- If you are using a back trimmer, always do it in front of a large mirror. This way you can avoid cuts and unshaved patches.
- Always clean the trimmer and the attachments after use.
- If you are planning to shave your skin, make sure to prep it.
- Always use the longest attachment first unless you know exactly what kind of hair length you are after.
- Make sure you have good lighting in the room where you are shaving. This way you won’t miss any straight hair.
- Always rinse your skin with cold water after shaving and trimming. It will help close your pores. Consider applying the aftershave lotion as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How often do I have to trim my body hair?
A: Each body part requires a different approach. Chest and leg hair can be trimmed once a week. Meanwhile, armpit and groin hair may need attention more often.
Q: What’s the best way to shave a groin area?
A: Make sure you use the trimmer designed for dealing with groin hair. Start with the longest attachment and go from there.
Q: Do I need a separate trimmer for different body parts?
A: No, one trimmer for whole body care is enough as long as you carefully wash the attachments. However, you may want to consider different shavers for your face and groin.
Top 7 Body Hair Trimmers in 2019: Extensive Reviews
Drag & Drop Product to Compare Your Preferred Product
1. Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100, BG2040
This all-purpose groomer is a great choice for men, who need to take care of hair on their face, abs, armpits, legs, and more. The shaver comes with different attachments so you can regulate the length of your hair. It has a cleaning brush and a charging stand for easier maintenance. The battery offers 50 minutes of cordless use.